Biological hazards are often in plain sight and more numerous and dangerous than anticipated. This is one of the top reasons to choose Eco Bear as your preferred professional biohazard cleaning company in Stockton, California. We provide a wide range of cleanup services, all of which are intended to leave you with a fully restored interior or exterior living or working space. Our seasoned technicians are well-trained and committed to providing the attention to detail that’s necessary to remove biological contaminants and thoroughly clean, even under the most challenging of circumstances.
Just What Are Biohazards?
Biohazard is term that can certainly sound scary, or it’s one you may associate with people in full-body hazmat suits. The truth is anything that may be considered a biological hazard can present some very serious health and safety risks, even if only a small area is affected. In a nutshell, biohazard is the term for any potentially unsafe substance or material that’s biological in nature.
While blood may be what first comes to mind, there are many other objects, substances, or materials that can fall within this category. Biohazards you may encounter in various situations include:
- Human blood and blood products – includes any items that may be contaminated with blood
- Animal waste
- Urine, cerebrospinal fluid, semen, saliva, pericardial fluid, and other bodily fluids
- Microbiological waste
- Needles, broken glass, and other items collectively referred to as “sharps”
What Situations Can Produce Biohazards?
Biological hazards can be present in more situations than you may realize. A crime scene, for instance, can be contaminated by blood, body tissues and fluids, and decomposition materials if a body wasn’t discovered immediately. Other situations in Stockton, CA, that often warrant proper and safe biohazard cleaning services include ones involving:
- Abandoned or cleared out homeless encampments
- Unattended deaths or suicides
- Hoarder properties
- Water and/or mold damage
- Former makeshift meth lab locations
When Should You Call on Eco Bear for Biohazard Cleaning in Stockton, CA?
Even if the affected area is very small or fairly contained, biohazards aren’t something you should clean up yourself. The only exception would be if the cleanup requirements can be easily and safely handled with a paper towel or household cleaning products. This could be the case if there’s a little bit of blood from a wound or a small amount of animal waste to clean up.
Most other situations where there are likely biohazards present should be professionally handled. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) breaks down biohazards into four levels. Level one threats like E. coli present minimal risks to humans. Higher level biologicals that might include HIV, hepatitis B, Ebola virus, or Lassa virus, on the other hand, can cause severe illnesses in humans or contribute to the development of diseases that may be difficult to treat – and some may have no known cure at all.
Why Is Professional Biohazard Cleaning Important?
Because it’s not easy or even possible to instantly identify biohazards within an affected area without doing laboratory tests, it’s best to err on the side of caution and let the Eco Bear pros do the work. It’s also a good idea to call on our trained team for biohazard cleaning in Stockton, CA, for the following reasons:
- Most people don’t have easy access to personal protective gear.
- Disease-causing microscopic substances called pathogens can be present without anyone knowing it.
- Biological hazards need to be removed and disposed of in accordance with state regulations and guidelines.
- Special bags or containers need to be used to properly collect biohazards.
- A site that’s improperly cleaned up be hazardous for anyone who comes into the affected area.
- Legal liability issues could arise if passersby are affected by overlooked biological hazards.
What Can You Expect From Eco Bear?
We’re a woman-owned, veteran-led company with a proven talent for mitigating risks and keeping clients satisfied with our results. Giving us a call or reaching out to us online means you’ll get started with an accurate, honest quote. It’s based on an initial assessment of your situation and the affected area in Stockton, CA. If you approve of our initial estimate, our cleanup team will arrive with everything needed to tackle the various cleaning and biohazard mitigation tasks involved. Our approach to this type of cleaning typically involves:
- Removing visible and accessible debris
- Assuming the site is contaminated and wearing full protective gear
- Placing contaminated items in appropriate biohazard containers/bags
- Using larger bins if the affected area is fairly extensive, as may be the case with hoarder or homeless encampment cleanup
Decontamination is another step we typically take with biohazard cleaning in Stockton, CA, and nearby areas. This is the part of the process where special sanitization techniques and products are used to remove any pathogens that may still be on various surfaces. In some instances, it may be possible to restore or return cleaned up or decontaminated items to the site that was cleaned. However, anything determined to be excessively contaminated or impossible to save will be disposed of properly. Also, with some locations, there may be a need to use special methods to remove odors.
Let Us Restore Your Peace of Mind
Regardless of the situation Eco Bear Biohazard Cleaning Company has the resources and experience needed to restore your peace of mind. We’re conveniently available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to respond to service requests. Our goal with any of the services we offer is to restore the affected location in Stockton, CA, back to its original state in a way that’s efficient, respectful, and budget-friendly.
Contact us today to take advantage of our top-quality, client-focused biohazard cleaning services.