People looking for a crime scene cleaning company in Menifee, California are looking for a special type of cleaning unlike any other. Crime scene cleanup is the type of cleaning that’s ordered to sanitize and clean a space where a crime or accident has taken place. The whole point of crime scene cleanup is to thoroughly clean and clear a crime or trauma scene of all signs of trauma while ridding it of any biohazardous waste that could cause disease spread.
Our team at Eco Bear is here to answer the call. We understand the seriousness of crime scene cleanup, and we’ll approach each job with professionalism, extreme attention to detail, and empathy.
When Should We Call for Crime Scene Cleanup?
There are several occasions that necessitate the need for crime scene cleanup.
- Call for crime scene cleanup when you are dealing with the physical aftermath of a traumatic event like suicide, accidental death, homicide, or some other type of trauma Knowing that someone else will be responsible for cleanup can help make things much easier on your psyche.
- Call for crime scene cleanup when you need to have biohazardous waste removed from the scene of a trauma or crime. Biohazardous waste includes blood, body tissue, and bodily fluids. This type of waste can be dangerous because it carries dangerous pathogens like bacteria and viruses. Exposure to these pathogens can cause disease spread
- Reach out for crime scene cleanup if you have a difficult-to-handle crime or trauma scene that needs cleaning. Blood, human waste, or chemicals that have gotten into materials like rugs or curtains can be extremely difficult to remove. Some of that matter changes to a nearly impossible to remove consistency over time. Removal of those items will require special equipment, chemicals, and solvents. We have everything we need to remove all types of difficult substances. If a substance is unable to be removed, the item will have to be destroyed. We’ll work with our clients every step of the way so they’ll know exactly which items are not salvageable. It’s important to know that contaminated items that can’t be cleaned have to be destroyed in order to protect the public.
- Call for crime scene cleaning services if you’re dealing with a crime scene that has a noxious odor that’s difficult to remove. We have tools at our disposal to help with this type of issue. That list includes industrial-strength hepa filters, ozone generator machines, air scrubbers, and hydroxyl generators that use strong UV light to locate and eliminate pollutants.
What Goes Into the Cost of Cleanup?
There are several different factors that determine how much crime scene cleaning costs.
Size of the Space
We’ll have to take a look at the size of the space so that we can calculate the size of the area that needs to be cleaned. We’ll look at the type and amount of biohazardous waste in the space so that we can figure out which products and tools we’ll need to use to remove it. Some cleaning processes take a lot of time to execute, so which ones we use and how long we have to use them will ultimately impact pricing.
The porosity of the surfaces also makes a difference in determining crime scene costs. Surfaces that are extremely porous will require stronger, deep-down cleaning, while those that are less porous will take less time to clean. The amount of items in the room will also determine how long cleaning will take and how much it will cost. Rooms filled with tons of tucked-away spaces, nooks and crannies or filled with furnishings like carpets and curtains will take longer to clean out. We’ll have to determine which items can be cleaned and which items can’t be saved.
What Are the Steps Involved in Crime Scene Cleanup?
Following is a list of the general steps involved in crime scene clean-up. Each crime scene will differ from the next, so the specific steps for each will vary.
- The team will gear up with PPE. This will include items like face mask goggles, full respirator masks, shoe coverings, face shields and gloves
- We will then dispose of everything in the space that we’re unable to clean. We will place all of these pieces into Hazmat bags or bins so that they can be disposed of safely and properly. Each type of biohazard waste will have its own bin. Examples of items that can’t be disinfected and cleaned include items like upholstered furniture, carpeting, and certain types of electronics.
- We will disinfect and remove all of the items from the scene items that can be disinfected. This will help prevent them from becoming re-contaminated as we clean the rest of the room.
- Our teams will map out a plan for the cleaning and scrubbing of walls and floors. Many teams work from the top down. This method helps prevent them from reinfecting lower areas in the room.
- We’ll use putty knives and other utensils to scrape away dried material. There are certain solvents that are good at loosening and dissolving specific types of biohazardous waste.
- We’ll use equipment like wet vacuums, long-reach mops, and scrubbers in addition to special chemicals to scrub the entire space. This step will only begin once the rest of the room has been completely cleared.
- We will then begin the disinfection process. The disinfectants we use include OSHA and EPA approved chemicals and solvents as well as special machines like ozone generators.
- Once the space has been completely sanitized, disinfected and cleaned, we’ll transport the hazmat bags and any other trash away from the site.
Reach out to us if you’re looking for a crime scene cleaning company in Menifee, California. We are ready to help.