A biohazard cleaning company in Orange County, California, provides safe, comprehensive, effective remediation of dangerous biologically based situations that occur in residential and commercial properties. The stark reality is that a biohazardous situation in a home can present a serious threat to the health and wellbeing of its residents. In seeking the assistance of an Orange County biohazard cleaning company, there are a variety of facts, factors, and tips that you need to bear in mind. These can be elicited via a series of fundamental questions
- What is a biohazard?
- What are more common residential biohazardous situations in a home?
- What is biohazard remediation?
- What are the five key points to consider when hiring a biohazard cleaning company?
What Is a Biohazard?
A biohazard is defined as a substance of a biological nature that has the propensity for causing physical harm to a human being. A biohazard comes in a number of different forms that include:
- Other microorganisms
What Are Common Residential Biohazardous Situations in a Home?
There can be any number of different types of biohazardous situations that can be found in residential settings. With that said, there are some biohazardous situations that are more commonplace than others. These include:
- Rodent Droppings
- Raw sewage
- Infectious diseases
- Unattended deaths (or undiscovered deaths)
- Drug overdoses
- Attempted homicides
- Other crimes
- Traumatic illnesses
- Attempted suicides
- Homeless encampments
Each of these different types of biohazardous situations necessitates specific and sometimes unique cleanup protocols to ensure that they are safely and thoroughly remediated. Due to the high safety risks associated with these biohazardous situations, professional assistance is the recommended course of action for you to consider taking.
What Is Biohazard Remediation?
Biohazard Remediation, or biohazard cleaning, is a multifaceted endeavor that works towards one ultimate objective. The ultimate goal of biohazard cleaning is restoring a home to a completely livable condition. Typically, there are three elements to comprehensive biohazard cleaning:
- Thorough cleaning and removal of biological matter and contaminated items
- Sanitization of the contaminated area and objects within that zone
- Deodorization of the premises in which a biohazardous situation is located
The first element of biohazard cleaning includes the removal of biomatter. Biomatter, or biological matter, can include any number of substances and materials, depending on the nature of the biohazardous situation itself. These include:
- Other bodily fluids or matter
- Rodent Droppings
- Raw sewage
- Used hypodermic needles
In addition to hypodermic needles, some other objects may also need to be removed and disposed of. For example, biomatter may contaminate an object that cannot be cleaned, like a mattress that is blood-soaked. When biomatter and uncleanable items are removed and placed into a biowaste container, the contaminated area is thoroughly sanitized.
Following the elimination of biomatter and cleaning, the contaminated area is subject to sanitization. Sanitization involves the application of hospital-grade, powerful sanitizing agents. These agents are designed to eradicate dangerous pathogens that are present in a biohazard, including viruses and bacteria.
The final element of biohazard cleaning is deodorization. A typical biohazardous situation in a residential setting can be accompanied by powerful, pervasive, permeating foul odors. These odors are not the kind that can be easily eliminated through the use of some over the counter, on the shelf product. Rather, the elimination of such a stench depends upon a commercial grade product and even associated specialized equipment.
What Are the Five Key Points to Consider When Hiring a Biohazard Cleaning Company?
There are five key points that you need to bear in mind when you are in need of a biohazard cleaning company in Orange County, California:
- Experience matters when you are in need of biohazard cleaning. You need to select a remediation company that has a strong background in addressing the kind of biohazardous situation you face in your residence.
- Make sure you obtain a clear, concise, and reliable estimate of costs for services. You need to obtain a reliable estimate before the work begins on a biohazard remediation job in your home.
- Confirm payment arrangements and avenues for payment. A reputable biohazard cleaning company in Orange County will arrange for payment to be due when a job is completed. You need to have an opportunity to review and approve of the work done before payment.
- Find out if a biohazard cleaning company accepts insurance. In some cases, a homeowner’s insurance policy may provide biohazard remediation coverage. In addition, find out if a biological hazard cleaning company will assist you in filing and pursuing an insurance claim.
- Finally, confirm that a biohazard remediation company is appropriately insured and bonded. In the event that something goes off course during a remediation job, you need to be sure that you have appropriate protection in the form of insurance coverage and a bond.